BIAW invited to participate in 2021 Economic Symposium
June 6, 2021
The Washington Employment Security Department (ESD) – Labor Market and Economic Analysis (LMEA) division invites BIAW to attend its 2021 Economic Symposium, an online event, June 15 and 16.
The Washington State Employment Security Department (ESD) is convening government, private sector, small business, non-profit and community leaders from across the state to:
- Address key workforce and economic development challenges; and
- Share data-driven plans and solutions for navigating post-pandemic economic recovery efforts.
Even if you’re busy on June 15 and 16, your registration provides access to all of the sessions and virtual booths until December 31, 2021
A wide variety of topics
This year’s online Economic Symposium provides the opportunity for attendees to network and connect with experts and colleagues from across the state around a wide variety of economic recovery topics that everyone is talking about including:
- Review of the data regarding Washington’s employment conditions, economy, job market and workforce during the pandemic
- Washington state and regional economic forecasts
- The future of the office as workplace: remote and hybrid options
- (Re)training and upskilling workers for remote work, in-demand & emerging new jobs
- Economic recovery trends and strategies from Washington state agency leaders
- The future of workforce development: innovative approaches, programs and initiatives
- The future of economic development: innovative approaches, programs and initiatives
- Sustainability of the Unemployment Insurance system
- Workforce and Economic Resiliency Planning
- Status of industry sector recovery efforts: Who is thriving and how employers are addressing specific challenges brought about by the pandemic
- ESD’s Labor Market & Economic Analysis’ website of data and resources
Check out the current list of confirmed speakers.