RECOGNIZES LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT IN SUPPORT OF THE HOME BUILDING INDUSTRY
The purpose of the BIAW Hall of Fame is to honor men and women who have made significant and lasting contributions to BIAW. The Hall of Fame acknowledges lifetime achievement in the building industry. View Past Hall of Fame Recipients
- Persons (living or deceased) who have made significant and lasting contributions to BIAW
- The contribution must have resulted in a substantial improvement or innovation in Washington’s housing and promotion of BIAW’s philosophy, which is to protect housing affordability and free enterprise (the financial success or size of an individual’s operation shall not be considered a real contribution)
- It is not necessary to have served in an elected capacity at the state or local association level
- Candidates must represent the highest levels of achievement in the building industry over an entire career
- A candidate may not be nominated more than five consecutive times
Candidates will be selected from the following categories:
- Builder/Developer: Owner or key administrator of a residential building company
- Subcontractors and Materials Suppliers: Individuals directly responsible for supply goods or services to builders
- Government: Elected or appointed officials involved in government service relating to housing
- Housing Related: Individuals involved in related fields of endeavor such as financing, land development and planning, architecture, housing research, and housing-related trade associations
- Hall of Fame recipients is honored during the BIAW Installation and Awards ceremony held in conjunction with the BIAW fall board meeting.
If you have questions about the BIAW Hall of Fame, contact BIAW staff member Brenda Kwieciak at 360-352-7800, ext. 113.
The deadline to submit a Hall of Fame Nomination packet is Thursday, June 1.