BIAW’s 2022 Excellence in Remodeling Awards celebrate beauty and innovation
June 13, 2022
From kitchens and bathrooms to decks and entire homes, BIAW celebrated the best in remodeling at the 2022 Excellence in Remodeling Awards at Skamania Lodge on June 6.
A highlight of the association’s summer board meeting, the awards recognized the top remodelers across 25 different categories. Winners faced fierce competition with 57 entries vying for the top 25 awards. Members from six local home-building associations battled it out for top honors.
To identify the winners of the 2022 Excellence in Remodeling Awards, industry experts reviewed and scored each project based on several criteria. Criteria included: aesthetics, special or unique design solutions, quality craftsmanship, appropriate building materials, budgetary considerations and the challenges the project’s design requirements faced.
2022 Excellence in Remodeling Awards: Winners by local association
Click on the categories below to see the award-winning projects.
Building Industry Association of Clark County
Renew Design + Build
- Entire House $200,001 – $400,000 – Third Time’s A Charm
Kitsap Building Association
Candid Construction, LLC
- Bath $60,001 – $80,000 – Plain Jane Bathroom Transformed to a Modern Retreat
Olympia Master Builders
- Commercial Under $350,000 – Every Hour Is Happy Hour At Nicole’s Bar
Family Man Remodelers
- Exterior under $40,000 – Panoramic Paradise
- Outdoor Living Under $100,000 – A Checkered Moss Landscape
John Erwin Remodeling, Inc.
- Exterior over $40,001 – An Outdoor Space for the Pacific Northwest
- Kitchen under $45,000 – Modern Bungalow Kitchen
- Bath $35,001 – $60,000 – The Bold & Beautiful
- Addition Under $125,000 – Hillside Waterview Challenges
Master Builders Association of King & Snohomish Counties
- Kitchen $75,001-$140,000 – Columbia City Colors
- Basement/ADU Under $125,000 – Basement Retreat with a Guest Suite
Irons Brothers Construction, Inc.
- Outdoor Living Over $100,001 – Biophilic-Influenced Backyard
Nip Tuck Remodeling
- Kitchen Over $140,001 – Summer Magic
Seattle Foundation Repair, LLC
- Open Under $125,000 – Settled Foundation Recovery
Sockeye Construction Corporation
- Bath Under $35,000 – A Kid’s Bath with Adult Sophistication
- Entire House Under $200,000 – From the Roaring 1920s to the 21st Century
- Entire House Over $600,001 – A Father’s Lakeside Legacy
- Basement/ADU Over $125,001 – Mom’s New Place
Tenhulzen Residential LLC
- Kitchen between $45,001- $75,000 – Jumping The Gun
- Bath Over $80,001 – Master Suite Oasis
- Addition $125,001 – $250,000 – The Cat’s Meow
- Addition Over $250,001 – Exercise A Bonus
Master Builders Association of Pierce County
Phase II, Inc.
- Get Away Room – Rest With A Waterview
- Historic Restoration – Identity Crisis Solved
North Peninsula Building Association
Hines Homes, LLC
- Entire House $400,001 – $600,000 – Teamwork Makes the Dream Work