Fall Board Meeting honors leaders, welcomes new officers
November 20, 2021
A message from 2021 President Tracy Doriot
Thanks very much to everyone who attended the 2021 Fall Board Meeting at the beautiful Hyatt Regency Lake Washington in Renton, Nov. 15-17.
We handled important business, elected and installed your 2022 president Joseph Irons and our other senior officers, welcomed Dave Main to the BIAW Hall of Fame, and celebrated our Builder, Associate and Remodeler of the Year. We also announced the winners of our 2021 membership drive, Membership Monopoly!
A huge thank you to all of you for attending and to our stellar BIAW staff who worked so hard to pull this meeting together!
BIAW makes strides in 2021
As your 2021 president, I couldn’t be prouder of the success we’ve achieved in 2021. I’ll share more in the upcoming Building Insight magazine, but I’d like to call out a few things in particular:
- Strengthening relationships between our local associations and BIAW.
- Expanding our workforce development efforts across the state, giving more people the ability to join our industry and pursue their own piece of the American dream.
- Continuing efforts to protect and promote our industry at all levels of government and in the courts.
- Rebranding the association with a clean new logo, our “Homes Start Here” tagline, an updated website and new video offerings that showcase our story. Check out the new About BIAW Video!
- Helping our ROII program participants receive the largest refund in history: 30 million!
I’m also proud that thanks to our good financial health the BIAW Board approved paying off the mortgage on our new building in Tumwater, which will save hundreds of thousands in interest each year.
Thanks to everyone who worked together to make 2021 so successful! We couldn’t have done it without you.
New leaders look to 2022
Every year, the Fall Board Meeting marks the formal election of incoming senior leaders as well as the popular installation dinner and awards ceremony.
Congratulations to 2022 President Joseph Irons from the Master Builders Association of King and Snohomish Counties and our 2022 Senior Officers who were installed Tuesday night:
- Gary Wray – First Vice President, Skagit/Island Counties Builders Association
- Ryan Moore – Second Vice President, Central Washington Home Builders Association
- Jay Roberts – Treasurer, Skagit/Island Counties Builders Association
- Luellen Smith – Secretary, Master Builders Association of King and Snohomish Counties
I look forward to continuing to serve as a senior officer as your Immediate Past President. I’d also like to express my most sincere gratitude to our outgoing Immediate Past President Sherry Schwab from Master Builders Association of King and Snohomish Counties and Second Vice President Nick Gilliland from the Spokane Home Builders Association.
Thank you for your outstanding leadership and service to the association!
Celebrating our 2021 Builder, Associate and Remodeler Award winners
As part of the celebration on Tuesday night, we announced the winners of our annual Builder, Associate and Remodeler of the Year awards! Congratulations to:
- Builder of the Year: Sherry Schwab, Master Builders Association of King and Snohomish Counties
- Associate of the Year: Debbi Boyd, Olympia Master Builders
- Remodeler of the Year: Tim Lovelass, Central Washington Home Builders Association
Welcoming past president and long-time leader Dave Main to the BIAW Hall of Fame
Tuesday’s celebration also welcomed long-time member and seasoned leader Dave Main as the 37th BIAW Hall of Fame inductee. A local, state and national leader, Main joined his local association, Master Builders of King & Snohomish County in 1977. We were proud to honor him!
The Fall Board Meeting also included a celebration of our successful 2021 membership drive. We came in ahead of our goal, bringing in over 400 new members since we started the campaign in July 2021 and 10 local associations achieving retention rates of 85 percent or higher!
Congratulations to all our top recruiters and especially those who attained #WINITALL status! Look for more on this in an upcoming Building Insight.
Photos and important information
BIAW will be sharing links to the photo album, meeting documents and minutes from the 2021 Fall Board Meeting soon.
Save the date!
The Winter Board Meeting is scheduled for February 21-23, 2022. You can find details about this meeting and other upcoming meetings of BIAW as well as the National Association of Home Builders on our members-only portal.
Thank you for your ongoing support and dedication to the home building industry!