Significant Changes to the 2021 Building Codes
May 18, 2023 | 8 am – 12 pm
MBA of King/Snohomish Counties-Bellevue
335 116th Avenue SE, Bellevue
The 2021 edition of Washington building codes go into effect July 1, 2023. Learn what significant changes were adopted and what new requirements the industry will need to abide by to achieve compliance. This class will cover the IRC, IMC, and WUI codes with Washington amendments, and the Washington State Residential Energy Code.
- Member Fee: $125
- Member quantity discount (3 or more): $100
- Non-Member Fee: $225
Don’t have an account? Sign Up for Free
About the Instructor:
Ted Clifton, Clifton View Homes/Zero-Energy Plans LLC
Ted L. Clifton has been a designer and builder for more than 45 years. Educated at Berkeley, California, Ted has worked in every phase of construction and knows first-hand what it takes to design and construct a quality home. Having built hundreds of homes as well as commercial and institutional buildings, Ted has the advantage of extensive knowledge of the means and methods used in all three. He has worked in three very different climate zones, from the foothills of California, to Ketchikan, Alaska, to Whidbey Island, Washington.
Some of his credentials include:
- NAHB Certified Graduate Builder and Master Certified Green Professional
- Instructor for NAHB CGB, CGP and Master CPG courses
- Seven-time National Energy Value Housing Award Winner and EVHA Remodeler of the Year
- Three-time National Green Building Award winner for Concept & Research
- Two-time Built Green® Washington winner for Net-Zero-Energy Home of the Year
- President and founding Board Member of Built Green® Washington
- Certified homes to the SICBA Built Green® five-star level, MBAKS Built Green® five-star level, and NAHB Emerald level
- Designer of Seattle’s first true Net-Zero-Energy Homes
prove workplace safety.
Make a tax-deductible donation to the Washington Home Builders Foundation
The purpose of BIAW’s Washington Home Builders Foundation is to empower and inspire the next generation of builders by advancing building-related education, unlocking academic opportunities and career possibilities and fostering a culture of innovation, enthusiasm and excellence in the building industry.