Latest News

Building code council seeks home builders with wildland-urban interface expertise

March 27, 2022

Do you have expertise building homes in wildland-urban interface areas? The Washington State Building Code Council is looking for a builder and contractor who want to be part of the Wildland Urban Interface Technical Advisory Group (TAG).

What is the wildland-urban interface?

The Wildland-Urban Interface covers areas where wildlands, ranging from forests to sagebrush steppe, and developed land, for housing and other structures, meet.

Help shape upcoming code changes

This group will address how the 2018 or 2021 WUI codes address construction and site conditions. It will also review code change proposals submitted to SBCC to consider in the rulemaking process. These codes primarily deal with wildfire spread, accessibility, water supply and other issues affecting homes near wildland areas.

The council is specifically seeking experts in the homebuilding industry, general contractors, building officials and more. This is your opportunity to weigh in on codes that affect your projects. The deadline for applications is April 8.

For more information on the Wildland Urban Interface Technical Advisory Group recruitment, read the Wildland Urban Interface TAG invitation Letter.


Return to blog