This guidance, including sample documents, is provided here to help you comply with the Governor’s Reopening Guidance for Business and Workers.
Failure to comply with jobsite safety requirements could result in a jobsite being shut down, potential legal liability, safety fines, or loss of license.
Phase 2/Phase3 Jobsite Safety
As of Nov. 1, 2020, all counties in Washington are in Phase 2 or 3.
The Governor’s Phase 2 Construction Working Group Requirements (Issued on May 12, 2020 and updated 7/2/2020), authorized all construction to resume, including those activities for which social distancing may not be maintained and the start of new construction projects.
- Recording of Phase 2/Phase 3 Safety Requirements Webinar – May 20, 2020
- Recording of Phase 2/Phase 3 Safety Requirements Webinar – May 27, 2020
Phase 2/Phase 3 Jobsite Safety Plan Template
Construction in phases 2 & 3 allows for new and existing construction projects. There are no changes from Phase 2 to Phase 3.
The first requirement is the Phase 2/Phase 3 Jobsite Safety Plan, signed by the contractor, must be developed for every jobsite. This plan must also be produced at the request of any employee or regulator. The following is a complete Jobsite Safety Plan template for you to customize for each of your jobsites:
Additional Required Jobsite Documents
Under the Phase 2/Phase 3 Jobsite Safety Requirements, you are required to fill out this document on every jobsite where there are moderate and high-risk task levels.
Required Jobsite Postings
Under the Phase 2/Phase 3 Jobsite Safety Requirements, you are required to post on each jobsite, publicly viewable at all times, the following documents.
- CDC Recommendations on Hand Hygiene
- Name and contact information for the COVID-19 Supervisor(s)
Every employee must receive an initial COVID 19-specific Training Session. In addition, weekly COVID-19 safety talks are required under Phase 2/Phase 3. Below is a sample for the initial training session and log-in sheet to kick off your return to work:
Additional Phase 2/Phase 3 Resources
- PPE Resources
- Phase 2/3 FAQ
- New workplace mask guidance helps determine “Which Mask for Which Task”
- L&I’s Hazard Considerations for Employers (except hospitals/clinics) Face Coverings, Masks, and Respirator Choices
- Phase 2/Phase 3 Requirements for Professional Workplaces
- Phase 2/Phase 3 Construction Requirements vs. Phase 1 Construction Requirements
- DOSH Directive 1.70, with 5/15/20 update
- COVID Resources for Employers and Employees
- Cloth Mask Guidance
- Proclamation by the Governor: High-Risk Employees—Workers’ Rights
- Proclamation by the Governor: Implementation of Phase 1 Construction Restart
- BIAW Staff Contact Information
- COVID-19 and Business Information for Administrators and Employees
- CDC Use of Cloth Face Coverings to Help Slow the Spread of COVID-19
- Coping with COVID-19 in Construction, Spanish