The Building Industry Association of Washington is providing this list as guidance. We make no endorsement of these companies or guarantee regarding product availability.
These mask requirements are what is expected to be required in Phase 2. If your county has not entered Phase 2 yet, then Phase 1 rules still apply at this time. We are making this information available so you can begin acquiring the proper masks you need.
Phase 2 Rules
The face covering required is determined by the type of work being performed and the distance that can be maintained between workers. Refer to Coronavirus Facial Covering and Mask Requirements for additional details.
- Low transmission risk (six feet or more at all time):
- Cloth facial coverings that fully covers mouth and nose must be worn by every employee.
- See the Department of Health guidance on cloth facial coverings.
- Medium transmission risk (six feet to three feet):
- Manufactured mask required such as a dust mask, foreign system non-NIOSH approved filtering facepiece respirator (such as KN95), medical procedure masks.
- High transmission risk (three feet or closer):
- Elastomeric half- or full-face respirator with particulate filters or PAPR with particulate filter. (Tight-fitting respirators must be fit-tested and the wearer must be clean-shaven. No fit-testing is required for loose fitting systems.); OR
- Industrial-use N95, R95, or P95, or foreign system non-NIOSH approved filtering facepiece respirator (or other particulate respirator).
Low-Transmission-Risk Masks (NOTE: medical-grade face masks are NOT required for low-risk work):
Incredibly difficult to find. Can check the following places:
Hand Washing Stations
DIY Diagrams for Setup
Warm Water Hand Washing Stations
Non-Heated Washing Stations
- Ironmill Fasteners & Hardware
- Amazon Thermal Containers:
- Webstaurant Thermal Containers:
- 55 Gallon
- 275 Gallon—Not thermal, would need insulation blanket
- 330 Gallon—Not thermal, would need insulation blanket
- Portable hot water heaters:
Nitrile, Latex, or Vinyl Gloves (to be used for cleaning); otherwise, any glove for the work is acceptable
Building Industry Association of Clark County's Online PPE Store: Download a $25.00 gift certificate to use on your first order.*Please note: Gift Certificate expires 6/1/2020.