Washington Family and Medical Leave - companies w/ under 50 Employees
This class outlines the basic elements and discusses what employment security wont tell you about the important options for small businesses that could impact their ability to recruit and retain employees.
We will review information to help you make decisions on whether you will pay the employee’s portion of the premium or deduct from their check and options for an opt-in plan or develop your own voluntary plan. This session will address the reporting requirements and written policies necessary for administering this plan.
Upon completion of this program, participants will have the information they need to:
- Understand the requirements of the law and when they need to comply
- Determine what premiums they are required to pay and when
- Decide if they will pay the employee’s portion of the premium or deduct from their checks
- Gain a better understanding of opt-in and voluntary plan details
- Understand the elements of the written policy and how to implement and manage a paid family and medical leave program
Instructor: Juli Bacon, JB Consulting Systems