The State's Largest Retro Program
R.O.I.I.® (Return on Industrial Insurance) Select, is BIAW's perfomanced-based retrospective
rating group premium program with the Department of Labor & Industries (L&I) that provides refunds
when participants' workers' compensation premiums exceed their losses. BIAW has proudly offered the
R.O.I.I.® program as a member benefit since 1982 and is the largest retrospective
ratings group in the state. During the program's 32 year history, participants have paid L&I premiums totaling
nearly $2.1 billion and R.O.I.I.® Select has returned more than $400 million in refunds to participants.
2015-16 R.O.I.I.® Select Plan Year
For more information about the current enrollment period, email
Applications for the 2015-16 R.O.I.I.® Select plan year will be available in early 2015.
Why choose R.O.I.I.® Select?
R.O.I.I.® Select provides you with the tools to change your business for the better, such as:
- Opportunity to receive a refund on workers' compensation premiums,
- A full fuite of program benefits to help you maximize your return and build a better company
- Access to safety services, loss control and claim managment teams whose number one priority is to help
you get injured workers back on the job
R.O.I.I.® Select Requirements
As a participant of R.O.I.I.® Select you are required to:
ABCs of Claim Management class schedule
Claim-Free Discount Help Us Help You! Protect Your Bottom Line class schedule
- Attend one of two claims management classes:
Help us Help You! The ABCs of Claim Management, OR
Claim-Free Discount Help Us Help You! Protect Your Bottom Line
(if you are an L&I Claim-Free Discount business)
- Offer light/modified duty on all time loss claims
- Offer 30 days Kept on Salary (KOS), paid by employer, on all time loss claims
- Complete the CASE Underwriting Survey
R.O.I.I.® Select Claim Management: Experienced claim staff who act as your advocates
R.O.I.I.® Select's expert, in-house claim team saves you time and money by actively and
aggressively managing claims to ensure they are processed quickly and efficiently.
This team can help you by:
- Electronically accessing L&I's claim database (instant retrieval of claim information
- Requesting immediate action to keep the claim process moving in an expeditious manner
- Identifying the need for retraining earlier in the claim process so injured workers get the help
the need and return to work
For more information on claim management, visit the R.O.I.I.® Select Claims Program
R.O.I.I.® Select Safety Services
Jobsite safety is a priority, not only for workers, but for your company's ability to keep its Experience
Modification Rate (EMR) low and claim costs down, factors that determine the amount of your refund.
R.O.I.I.® Select participants receive access to our in-house safety program staff which can provide
the following services at no cost:
- Safety program development
- Jobsite safety workshops
- On-site safety consultations
- On-site compliance inspection assistance
For more information on R.O.I.I.® Select Safety Services, visit R.O.I.I.® Select Safety Services
Contact R.O.I.I.® Select Safety Services Director Bob White at 360-352-7800, ext. 109, for more information.
R.O.I.I.® Select Loss Control Services
R.O.I.I.® Select's loss control team can show you how $20 and less than 20 minutes can help save
hundreds of thousands of dollars in claim costs and protect your bottom line. This team can also help you with:
- L&I audis
- Calim analysis
- Risk classifications reveiw
- EMR calculations, current and projected
In the event of a workplace injury, this team helps participants compy with R.O.I.I.® Select's
Return to Work requirements (KOS and light/modified duty), enabling you to retain valuable employeees and protect your EMR.
For more information on R.O.I.I.® Select Loss Control Services, contact
R.O.I.I.® Select Loss Control, Claims and Safety Services Supervisor Kristeen Johnson at 360-352-7800, ext. 119.
Washington Builders Benefits Trust
Review the Report of Independent Accountants and Financial Statements and Accounting
pursuant to RCW 11.106.020 and 11.106.030, December 31, 2011.
Director of Insurance Programs
360-352-7800, ext. 134