The State's Largest Retro Program
R.O.I.I.® (Return on Industrial Insurance) Select, is BIAW's performance-based retrospective
rating group premium program with the Department of Labor & Industries (L&I). The group receives refunds
when the group's premiums exceed their losses.
BIAW has proudly offered the R.O.I.I.® program since 1982. As one of the largest and oldest retro
groups in the state, the R.O.I.I.® program has returned more than $400 million in refunds to participating
2015-16 R.O.I.I.® Select Plan Year
Applications for the Quarterly 2015-16 plan year are now available.
To find out if R.O.I.I.® Select is a good fit for your company, fill out and return the no-obligation
Release Form. For more information contact
R.O.I.I.® Select Enrollment Coordinator Jessica Matriotti at 360-352-7800 ext 132, or
Download the Quarterly 2015-16
Plan Year Application form
Why choose R.O.I.I.® Select?
R.O.I.I.® Select can help you lower your L&I costs and build a better, safer company in the process by:
- Rewarding improvements in workplace safety with financial incentives through a performance-based refund model
- Offering a full suite of program benefits to help you maximize your return
- Improving the quality of your workforce through better hiring practices
- Providing claim assistance, loss control and safety services, of which the number one priority is to get
injured workers back on the job
R.O.I.I.® Select Requirements
As a participant of R.O.I.I.® Select you are required to:
- Attend one of two claims management classes:
Help us Help You! The ABCs of Claim Management, OR
Claim-Free Discount Help Us Help You! Protect Your Bottom Line
(if you are an L&I Claim-Free Discount business)
- Offer light/modified duty on all time loss claims
- Offer 30 days Kept on Salary (KOS), paid by employer, on all time loss claims
- Complete the R.O.I.I.® Select Underwriting Survey
Help Us Help You! The ABCs of Claim Management class schedule Or view the PDF version
Claim-Free Discount - Help Us Help You! Protect Your Bottom Line class schedule
R.O.I.I.® Select Claim Assistance: Experienced claim staff who act as your advocates
R.O.I.I.® Select's expert, in-house outcome-based claims assistance is designed to help L&I staff make faster
decisions and eliminate costly delays. This program can:
- Help injured workers return to work quickly and obtain better outcomes
- Design innovative return to work opportunities to keep injured workers focused on their recovery
- Provide injured workers early vocational services and retraining assistance
- Hire investigators to do activity checks when an injured worker is suspected of engaging in doctor-restricted
- Obtain medical assistance on claims under appeal at the Board of Industrial Insurance Appeals
- Retain legal counsel on claim decisions that may have statewide implications on L&I's policies
For more information on claim assistance, visit the R.O.I.I.® Select Claims webpage.
R.O.I.I.® Select Loss Control Services
R.O.I.I.® Select's loss control team can show you how $20 and less than 20 minutes can help save
hundreds of thousands of dollars in claim costs and protect your bottom line. This team can also help you with:
- L&I audits
- Claim analysis
- Risk classification reveiw
- EMR calculations, current and projected
In the event of a workplace injury, this team helps member participants comply with R.O.I.I.® Select's
Return to Work requirements (KOS and light/modified duty), enabling you to retain valuable employeees and protect your EMR.
For more information on R.O.I.I.® Select Loss Control Services, contact
R.O.I.I.® Select Director of Risk Management Kristeen Johnson at 360-352-7800, ext. 119.
R.O.I.I.® Select Safety Services
Jobsite safety is a priority, not only for workers, but for your company's ability to keep its Experience
Modification Rate (EMR) low and claim costs down, factors that determine the amount of your refund.
R.O.I.I.® Select member participants receive access to our in-house safety program team which provides
the following services at no cost:
- Safety program development
- Jobsite safety workshops
- On-site safety consultations
- On-site compliance inspection assistance
- Scattered-site safety and code update classes
In addition to the above safety services benefits, R.O.I.I.® Select offers all member participants the two hour Creating Safety in Your Company class
designed specifically for business owners and management personnel. This class focuses on the best way to avoid paying higher
workers' compensation premiums—preventing an on-the-job injury before it occurs.
Creating Safety in Your Company class schedule
For more information on safety services, contact R.O.I.I.® Select Safety Services Director Bob White at 360-352-7800, ext. 109.
Washington Builders Benefits Trust
View the 2015 WBBT Financial Review pursuant to RCW 11.106.020 and 11.106.030, December 31, 2011.
View the 2014 WBBT Financial Review.
Director of Insurance Programs
360-352-7800, ext. 134
R.O.I.I.® Select Administrative Services Director
360-352-7800, ext. 123